Timber mulch, Woodchips, and Pine Bark have traditionally been the Garden mulch of choice over the years.
The range available in terms of colour, size and shape is vast.
Whether it is a natural pine bark or recycled timber dyed in a variety of colours the main objectives of laying a cover over a garden bed are as follows.
- To help in the retention of moisture in the soil
- To prevent and control the growth of weeds
- To add organic matter to the soil over time
- To enhance the appearance of gardens with contrasting colours
- To help maintain and avoid fluctuations in the temperature of the soil
- To highlight special features in the garden